Landry Paid His Company Nearly $40,000 From His Campaign Account
SOUTH LOUISIANA – The Downer campaign recently discovered that Jeff Landry paid nearly $40,000 out of his campaign account to his own company, even using the campaign’s money to pay for his employees’ “payroll.” Landry relies on this company for over a third of his personal income. Recently, the Downer campaign posted a “lie” on their website www.JeffLandryLiedtoYOU.com detailing issues Landry has had in the past and present with the FEC regarding campaign financing.
Below is how Landry paid himself nearly $40,000:
* 4/7/2010 – Disbursement of $6,271.08 to UST Staffing for “payroll for Jan thru Mar”, See page 79 of http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?_10990876908+0 and page 79 of
* 7/8/10 – Disbursement of $8,260.00 to UST Staffing, See page 23 of http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?_10931107232+0 .
* 7/16/10 – Disbursement of $4,956.48 to UST Staffing, See page 23 of http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?_10931107232+0 .
* 7/28/10 – Disbursement of $3,888.91 to UST Staffing, See page 24 of http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?_10931107232+0 .
* 8/16/10 – Disbursement of $9,467.77 to UST Staffing, See page 76 of http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?_10931318081+0 .
* 8/26/10 – Disbursement of $4,799.08 to UST Staffing, See page 76 of http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?_10931318081+0 .
Below shows how Landry is connected to the company ? he is the sole owner, registered agent, and earns annual income from UST Services (including over $50,000 last year and $36,000 this year through May):
* “UST Staffing” is the trade name for “UST Environmental Services, LLC.” (See official Louisiana Secretary of State record at http://coraweb.sos.louisiana.gov/commercialsearch/TradeServiceSearchDetails_
* Landry is the sole owner of “UST Environmental Services, LLC.” (See official Louisiana Secretary of State record at http://coraweb.sos.louisiana.gov/commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails_Pr
* Landry’s Financial Disclosure Statements dated January 18, 2010 and May 17, 2010 state:
* On Schedule I (Earned Income) that Landry earned $36,000 in the “current year to filing” and $53,000 in the “preceding year” from “UST Environmental Services, LLC.” He lists the type of income as “Self employment inc.” (self employment income – what he paid himself).
* On Schedule IV (Positions) – he says that he was a “Member” (owner) of “UST Environmental Services, LLC.” Click Here
This campaign financing issue comes a week after the Downer campaign launched the website www.JeffLandryLiedtoYOU.com to clearly lay out the exhaustive list of things that Jeff Landry has lied to the public about. Downer’s campaign will update the site every day with an instance of Landry being dishonest to voters previously during the campaign.
“Jeff Landry’s contributors might be surprised to learn how he is using their financial contributions. Why is Jeff paying his own company nearly $40,000 and employees of his company from his campaign account? This is just another example of how Jeff Landry operates. This sort of questionable financing is exactly why Washington is broken. We’ve said since the day after the election that Landry has been lying to the public regarding his positions on key issues and things in his past, and has repeatedly lied about Hunt’s record,” said Buddy Boe, Downer’s campaign manager.